TISMTSIM have issued a statement following reports that their two shows at the Sydney Opera House last month resulted in damage, in which they’ve “strenuously” denied their involvement.
Earlier this week, the prolific masked rockers announced their No Mistakes tour—where they’re billed as TSIM, not TISM—and, along with the tour dates, promoters attached a document from the Sydney Opera House outlining the damages incurred at the venue during the band’s headline performances in April.
The document outlined damage to non-retracting seats and armchairs, including split veneers, a scratched number plate on the back of a seat, chipped surfaces, an out-of-alignment chair, multiple damaged armrests, stained chairs, backrest cracking, and more. You can swipe through The Music’s post below for more information about the damages.
The detailed cost breakdown ultimately reveals a total of $18,488.80, though there’s no word on whether they’ve been banned from the venue.
Responding to the outlined damages, TSIM said:
TSIM would like to strenuously deny responsibility for any damage to the Sydney Opera House after their shows on Friday April 10 and Sunday April 12.
TSIM do not know who is to blame, but we note that on Saturday April 11 Sir Donald Runnicles led the Sydney Symphony Orchestra in a dramatic performance of Mahler’s Sixth Symphony in the Concert Hall, featuring the legendary, pounding "hammer blows of fate”.
Enough said.
TSIM’s No Mistakes tour begins with appearances at the Adelaide Beer & BBQ Festival on Friday, 10 July, and Darwin Festival on Saturday, 22 August.
From there, the band have plotted tour dates across the country for October, marking their first national headline tour in 30 years. They have two dates scheduled for Melbourne's Forum Theatre and headline dates at Brisbane's Fortitude Music Hall, Canberra Theatre, Perth's Metro City, and Sydney’s Enmore Theatre.
Don't miss a beat with our FREE daily newsletter
This is the first full-scale national tour that TSIM have embarked upon since their 2022 reformation for the Good Things festival. A series of secret shows and one-off affairs have also taken place, while their Death To Art tour saw the band play a run of headline dates in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney in 2024.
Tickets to the No Mistakes tour will be available from 11 am AEST on Monday, 25 May, and an early bird pre-sale launches at 11 am AEST on Friday, 22 May; registration is now open.







