Ben Gordon is selling his house - or mansion - he bought for $10 million.
It’s easy to forget that the dudes in Parkway Drive are actually rich and successful. With their enthusiasm for surfing and casually dressed personas, the Byron Bay heavy metal group come across as ordinary, chill dudes you can down a pint with.
But, in fact, Parkway Drive are in the state where drummer Ben Gordon can now sell his house – or mansion – he bought for $10 million.
Gordon’s Byron Bay home is up for sale on Real Estate. It contains multiple outdoor dining areas and a pool with a view overlooking the mountains, various living and dining areas, four bedrooms and four bathrooms, and two garage spaces.
The Real Estate advertisement continues with the following notes:
- Innovative design fuses with extraordinary views in prestigious Pacific Vista
- European Oak floors, marble bathrooms, hand-applied finishes throughout
- Open-plan lounge area defined by central atrium and Oblica wood fireplace
- Designer kitchen complete with bespoke cabinetry, butler's pantry, Miele oven
- Glass-wrapped dining room flows to alfresco courtyard with built-in Artusi BBQ
- Magnesium infinity pool with waterfall edge and spa enjoys breathtaking views
- Sunken firepit area with sleek rendering exudes a Mediterranean aesthetic
- Travertine cobblestones imbue European character to the outdoor areas
- Retreat to the luxury of the master suite with sweeping views, opulent ensuite
- Second ensuited bedroom, bespoke study with hinterland views upstairs
- Ground level offers two large bedrooms, luxurious bathroom and powder room
- Sussex brushed nickel tapware, limestone tiles, dimmable LED lights
- Ocean-view gym, double garage, 6.6 kW solar system, 2x Zip hydrotaps
- Elegant Venetian render walls, ducted air-conditioning, coded entry
- HKVision video intercom, built-in SONOS sound system, garden irrigation
- Appointed in impeccable detail including 2 x Samsung Frame TV's
- 3 min cycle to Byron General Store, 7 mins to Main Beach, 9 mins to Wategos
You can browse through the photos of Gordon’s home here.
Don't miss a beat with our FREE daily newsletter
This year, Parkway Drive are celebrating 20 years as a band. In that time, they’ve released seven albums, three video albums/DVDs, the 2003 Split CD with I Killed The Prom Queen, and the Don’t Close Your Eyes EP in 2004.
A few weeks ago, the Aussie band revealed the remastered version of their 2009 film, The DVD, which is free to watch on YouTube.
The DVD, directed by Gordon and live video director Dylan Etherington, contains the following synopsis: “THE DVD is a 70-minute documentary following the rise of the Australian metal-core juggernauts Parkway Drive.
"The film follows the quintet from humble beginnings on the beaches of the NSW North Coast to storming stages all over the world. Part documentary, part extreme-sports video, part live footage...all metal!”