“It's Such A Trap”: Meg Mac Refuses To Be Another Tragic Tale On 'It's My Party'

Glastonbury Fest May Need To Find New Home After Nearly 50 Years

Is it time to leave Worthy Farm?

More Kanye West Kanye West

On the eve of annual music event Glastonbury Festival kicking off this year, it has emerged that complications over land ownership could mean the spectacle may have to find a new home for the first time since 1970. 

For 45 years, the English festival has taken place at Worthy Farm in Pilton, however speaking to The Telegraph, Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis said it may be time to move the show on from the location which he also lives on.

"I'm always worried about the future, about the land not being available really, because I only own the middle bit, so that's me where the Pyramid (stage) is," Eavis said.

"I may have to find a site that's bigger and it's all under the control of one person. I mean that's the ideal situation really. So that might happen in the long term."

While there is no time frame placed on a possible move, or an alternative location to move to, Eavis said it is probable that it will happen eventually. 

"All good things come to an end, and one has to make changes. To alter your life you have to make changes at some point. I would love it to stay here, you know, but it's getting very, very complicated now."

The news comes in the wake of the Environment Agency's announcement that if festival goers are caught urinating outside of the designated areas and portaloo's provided at the farm during the event this weekend, they will shut the site down.

In a post shared to the event website, festival organisers have urged fans to use the toilets provided to avoid polluting the site. 

"Peeing on the ground at Glastonbury causes toxic pollution of the water table...wildlife and fish are affected if 135,000 revellers pee everywhere," the statement read. 

"The Environment Agency tests the water regularly, and has the power to close down the site if too many people have urinated and polluted the site."

Meanwhile, after original festival headliners Foo Fighters were forced to pull out of Glastonbury due to a leg injury sustained by frontman Dave Grohl at a recent show, it is US rapper Kanye West who many are talking about as he gears up to perform on stage this Saturday night. 

After organisers revealed last month that they had received death threats and online petitions to ban West from performing at the event, Grohl believes it will only make the show that much better.

Speaking to NME, the 46-year-old rocker said that the petition, which attracted 133,000 votes, will actually work in favour of the controversial hip-hop artist. 

"I don't know that much about Kanye's music but right now Kanye vs Glastonbury is about as close to that old school [Public Enemy] vibe as you're going to get," Grohl said.

"I don't know who the dude is that started the petition but I think every one of those votes is only fuelling Kanye's fucking fire and it could be the greatest show of all time."