Link to our Facebook
Link to our Instagram

Police Want To Speak To This Man After Brutal Attack On Musician

19 February 2014 | 11:53 am | Scott Fitzsimons

The Growl's bassist had emergency surgery to save career

New South Wales police have released an image of a man they would like to speak to in regards to the incident that forced The Growl's bassist to undergo emergency surgery to save his career.

Marc Earley, the bassist for the West Australian rock band, alleges that his finger was intentionally broken earlier this month after he was approached in a fast food restaurant in the early hours, approximately 3.30am, on Monday 3 February.

His playing future with The Growl – and his numerous other interests – were put in doubt after he suffered two fractures on his upper knuckle. He was rushed back to Perth for emergency surgery, essential if he was to make a full recovery.

It is alleged that the attacker approached Earley and two companions as they sat down and began abusing them before attacking them. He fled the scene as emergency services were called.

Don't miss a beat with our FREE daily newsletter

Police think this man might know something

Police have now supplied the following CCTV image to in order to gain contact with the man, who they believe can assist with enquiries. He is described as being aged in his 40s, with an olive complexion, approximately 178cm tall with short brown hair.

The Growl had previously stated that they plan to organise a benefit show in Perth to raise money for Earley after he underwent surgery earlier this month.

Following his surgery the band noted, “As he's already said it's still very touch and go as to whether his treatment will allow him to keep playing, but the ongoing support and donations will give him his best chance.”

Pond's Nick Allbrook filled in on bass duties for The Growl's Laneway dates after the attack.

You can donate here.

Police are urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or at