Historic Melbourne Band Venue Goes Up In Flames

9 November 2015 | 1:01 pm | Neil Griffiths

Promises to be back.

The iconic Pinnacle Hotel in Fitzroy North went up in flames over the weekend believed to be caused by a kitchen fire.

According to Fairfax, the historic band venue caught on fire at around 9.30am on Saturday morning, and was brought under control by fire emergency services shortly after.

A spokesman suggested a possible cause of the initial fire was a clothes dryer. There have been no reports of any injuries, though the damage of the venue is believed to be around $150,000-200,000 dollars.

A witness told theMusic.com.au that she could smell smoke from her home a few doors down from the venue.

Don't miss a beat with our FREE daily newsletter

"I didn't think much of it, then the smell got stronger and I looked out the window," the witness said. 

"There was a lot of smoke and when I opened the front door to see what was going on there were police redirecting traffic and a fire engine right near my door."

The hotel closed for the remainder of the weekend and taking to Facebook, the owners announced a re-opening date will be announced shortly. 

"As you may have seen we've had ourselves a bit of a mischief," the online post read. 

"Everyone is ok, and we'll be back bigger and better soon. We'll keep you posted on re-opening. See you soon friends X"

At this stage it is not known if the venue will be open this weekend where a number of local acts are scheduled to perform including James Moloney & The Mad Dog Harrisons, The Imprints, Justin Yap Band and The Hoodangers.