Global superstars Adele, Spice Girls, Kylie Minogue and Ed Sheeran declined to perform.
Snoop Dogg might be saving the day for King Charles’ Coronation Concert, which is rapidly approaching - the event will be held on Saturday, 6 May.
Snoop’s appearance would be just what the monarchy needs after global superstars Adele, Spice Girls, Kylie Minogue and Ed Sheeran declined to perform.
"The King has suggested a number of people he would like to perform, and Adele and Ed were on that list. He was very keen that they were part of the concert," a source involved in the concert told The Daily Mail last month.
They added, "There is a team set up to get the talent signed up, but they were unavailable, which was a massive disappointment. They are titans of the showbiz industry and are quintessentially British but also known across the globe. It's such a shame."
Snoop Dogg is keen, however, telling the British newspaper The Sun, “I’m down to perform at the coronation. Make it happen.”
He added that when the British government attempted to deport him in the 1990s when he was facing murder charges (of which he was later acquitted), the Queen sided with Snoop.
"When they tried to kick me out of England, the Queen made a comment that her grandbabies loved Snoop Doggy Dogg, and he had done no wrong in Britain, so she gave me permission to be here," he said.
“Those grandbabies grew up to be Prince William and Harry, so I had influence on them and they had influence on their grandmother, which enabled me to get into this beautiful country.
“They love my music. There’s mutual love and respect.”
The rap superstar isn’t the only one sharing his enthusiasm for performing at the Coronation concert, with the legendary British boy band Take That offering their services to King Charles.
Sources told The Daily Mail Australia that Take That (minus original member Robbie Williams) have been in talks with the event organisers for weeks.
The source commented that lead singer Gary Barlow “has been leading the charge, and things are being moved around to make it happen.
“They were asked some weeks back and jumped at the chance, they feel very honoured, but there was little notice, so it has been a challenge.
“The dream for the organisers would be for Robbie Williams to join them, that would be so special and quite a moment but that has been a difficult one to make work.
“It will be a great boost for the King and viewers at home.”
Take That formed in 1990. The original lineup included Barlow, Williams, Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange. Robbie Williams left the group in 1995 and has performed as a solo artist ever since.
Lionel Richie is likely to perform on the day, with Andrew Lloyd Webber putting together 12 new pieces of music commissioned by King Charles.